This trip has gone very smoothly so far so it’s is time for excitement. After being 1 hour early for the train back to Madrid and then another hour early in Madrid for the train to Valencia; one of us almost missed the train.
They call the train and I give the gate agent our ticket and he says where is the other one? I don’t have another ticket. I know I purchased 2 tickets not sure why only one was printed before we left? Dan gets on the the train. Meanwhile I attempt to access my email to down load the pdf ticket to show the gate agent. It is a good thing they started boarding 30 minutes before the train was too leave. Meanwhile hundreds of people are all ready boarded. The gate agent gives up and sends me to information. Why he didn’t do that in the beginning I do not know!
At this time Dan is on the train. I told him the seat number but if I missed the train he had no idea of the name of the hotel. He had both bags so I had no clothes if we were separated. The information clerk was able to pull up the reservation with the booking number and printed me a ticket. It was a great train ride we were in first class so they fed us lunch and alcohol. How much better does it get?
It only took 30 minutes of the train ride to bring my heart rate to normal. Another travel lesson learned. Send the confirmation emails to Dan or put in an accessible file, although he had no internet unless it was WiFi. We are still having problems with international travel and connectivity. If T mobile worked in my house I might consider switching because it is great when we travel. It has unlisted us several times
No comments:
Post a Comment