Monday, April 2, 2018

A Blessing or Poor Planning

I will attempt to catch up with what we have done in Barcelona. On day 1 in the city I have scheduled an all day tour.  Probably not the best idea since we have been in the country 12 hours. When planning I thought get here, find a tapas bar, home by 9 and sleep until 7am, make the tour and back to the hotel by 5, early dinner and we will be back to our normal schedule.

The upside of this plan is we end up with a great overview of the city but the timing was all off and I didn’t plan on really walking 17000 steps on day one starting the day at 4:20 am due to time changing jet lag. We had a great overview of the city were able to see many important sights by Antoni Gaudi including la sangrada familiar, parq Guell, and La Perdera.

Gaudi was the architect that created the Modernism movement in Barcelona. He used arches, curves and wave. He took from nature and mirrored form of trees and plants. Lots of color and mosaic work on everything.

Well the tour left us at La Perdera and we are to make our way back to the Hotel.  Good thing there was no time limit on the visit.  I think we were there over 2 hours. It really was amazing what he was able to create.

The end of the day, 17000 steps and then we had to find dinner stopped in the bakery for a glass of wine and slice of pizza. Planning an early night after the long day on little sleep.   I did promise Dan we would make tomorrow a little easier. Turns out I lied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Almost didn’t Make It

This trip has gone very smoothly so far so it’s is time for excitement. After being 1 hour early for the train back to Madrid and then anoth...