Friday, April 6, 2018

Home Update

I posted pictures of the apartment.  The good news is it looks the same as was posted on Airbnb.  The interesting tidbits or why can’t a college graduate do laundry when in Europe.  On our last trip in Asia we sent the laundry out. It was easier and less stressful and everything was back the same day clean, folded and ready to go.  So again we were excited. A washer and it even came with a dry built in no more hanging clothes all over the apartment.  I asked for directions. I thought I understood them and the underwear needed to be washed. If things work well maybe the jeans also.

So on one of our early nights which are more often than not. I follow the directions and toss in the underwear and socks. Hooray. The machine started, the cycle 49 minutes which is like home. Now the fun begins. I have to get the dryer to start and the machine read out from saying “end”.   I think I pressed every button and finally turned the knob to off. It worked. Now if I can get the dryer started. It should be easy since the washer went on with out a hitch.  Oh how wrong I was.  Sort of.  I set the dryer for normal and pressed start.  The time read out was 2 hours and 30 minutes.  I don’t care who you are or where you are.  The dryer should finish in under 60 minutes.  So the plan was open the dryer at 30 minutes and see how things are.   The fun begins.   The dryer is HOT and the door won’t unlatch.   Wait another 20 minutes and restart pushing buttons to try and reset the machine. Finally get the door open and the clothes are steamy.  Some dry and a few things still fairly wet. No we are back to hanging underwear on the glass partition in the apartment.  Good news is clean underwear but we have opted to come home in dirty jeans.  No sense in tempting the fates.

More on the apartment.  It is furnished from the kitchen to the bath and linens in 2018 IKEA.  Including pots pans dishes and linens. I think the furniture comes from IKEA also. It is fairly comfortable and we really enjoy coming back to a sanctuary at the end of the day.   The bathroom and shower is a big challenge.  It is amazingly tiny. Tough to close the shower door and an above counter sink leads to splashing.  That and the slow internet are our only complaints.  Dan even found UTube TV and is watching a woodworking show as I type.  So it really doesn’t matter if I am in Spain or in Carlsbad.

We haven’t cooked but the wine bottle count on day 9 is six. The problem with that picture is we didn’t start until day 2.    I wonder what that is doing to my calorie counting?  Today was the least walking we have done at 11300 steps.  The usually is about 17000. Not counting steps to get in or out of the metro.

Quote of the day from Dan while taking off his shoes.   “I’m glad I’m not a dog, I can’t lift my leg”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Almost didn’t Make It

This trip has gone very smoothly so far so it’s is time for excitement. After being 1 hour early for the train back to Madrid and then anoth...